So you have recently launched a new website for your business and are now wondering how to test your website on mobile devices?
Over the years, the percentage of people accessing a website using a mobile device has increased significantly. The below graph by stasta.com shows the increase in the share of mobile phone website traffic worldwide :
In 2018, 52.2 percent of all website traffic worldwide was generated through mobile phones, up from 50.3 percent in the previous year. Mobile currently accounts for half of all global web pages served.
Thus, it becomes extremely important to ensure that your website works seamless on a mobile device and not just on desktops. In fact, people have now started creating websites keeping mobile as the primary device which users will use to access their website.
Now that you have already got your website ready for Desktop, just follow the below simple steps to test your website on mobile devices :
1. Open your website on a Desktop using Google Chrome.
2. Right-click with your mouse or trackpad. (Mac users can refer to the instructions on how to right-click on mac at https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT207700)
3. Click on Inspect.
4. A window will open up on overlapping your main screen and will look like the below :
5. Click on the icon which looks like a mobile and tablet.
6. The screen will shrink and will resemble how it will look on a mobile device.
7. Above this screen, you will see a drop-down of various mobile models. You can select any mobile model and see how your website will look on that respective mobile phone.
8. To come back to the regular desktop view, you can click on the X sign to close this window.
Hope you were able to follow the above steps to test your website on a mobile device.
Feel free to share this article with your friends who you think might have a similar requirement.
Keep visiting for more such tips on your website testing.